Monday, October 13, 2008

Paint Me A Picture

So since on Sunday I was feeling pretty shitty, I whipped out one of my canvases, those cheap ones that are basically just canvas stretched over some kind of cardboard, they're only about six bucks at Wallack's for 16x14. I'm sure there's a difference in quality between this and your average canvas, but it really doesn't matter to me.

So I started out with a magenta and black background, and then splashed a lot of magenta/purple coloured water on it, and blotched paper-towel on it. This made a pretty little effect, when really I had just been desperate to dry it so I could continue to paint on top of it.


So I continued with a layer of black over it, and then two thick patches of blue. I'm not sure what someone would call the way I put the paint on, but I'll just say that I dabbed at the canvas with a brush really heavy with paint.

The red spots are from a Sharpie poster paint marker that I practically murdered to get to splatter, the blue and green splatters I made by mixing mostly water with the paint.

I was aiming to use transfers made out of the pictures, but in the end I realized that they were nearly invisible, so instead I simply stuck them on as-is, which is why the two white pictures stand out so much. Of course after I stuck them on I splattered some more paint and Sharpie on top so they'd fit in a bit better.

Total Time: Approx. 1 hour, 20 minutes. (not including drying time)
Listening To
: Coldplay, Viva La Vida or Death and All His friends.